Friday, March 27, 2009

Puppy Linux / Firefox font

I'm waiting in the hospital right now with a family member. Seems like a great time to work on the laptop!

I'm still running Puppy linux. I've been thinking about switching to Ubuntu, but then there is this whole if-it-aint-broke thing. If I use this much more, I really need to figure out how to set up sudo rather than running as root all the time. Still, I always (improperly) run windows in a similarly powerful way, so I'm not too worried.

I've switched from a usb flash drive to an IDE hard drive that's connected via a USB drive caddy. Yeah, I know, but it's what I've got to work with right now. The laptop takes SATA and I don't have that right now.

I'm writing mostly to remind myself this: I found out the easy fix to the font problem in Firefox. X comes with almost no tolerable fonts, but it does come with Helvetica. So just go to Edit -> Preferences -> Content and set the default font to Helvetica. All of a sudden the awful Times will be replaced with the slightly less bad Helvetica.

--
Furry cows moo and decompress.


No comments:

Post a Comment